Clinic-wide appointment types can be used by any healthcare provider in your clinic. If a healthcare provider requires a specialized appointment type that only they will use (for example, a procedure) it would be better to add that appointment type to the healthcare practitioner’s account. The healthcare practitioner can do this under Account Management.
Creating an Appointment Type Reminder #
1. Click on My Account and then Clinic Management.
2. Next, click on Appointment Types and click on the black plus icon to create a new appointment type.
3. Once you have clicked on the plus icon you can use the Reminder Instructions field to add custom text to the text/email reminders which will be sent out to the patient for this type of appointment.
Note: This text field has a limit of up to 160 characters to ensure that the reminder can be sent over text. you could, for example, add a short note which reminds patients not to come in to the clinic for a phone appointment.
4. Set up the details of the appointment type according to your clinic preferences and click the green Save Appointment Type button once you are done.
Limiting Appointment Types Available on your Schedule #
For example, if a doctor would like to block off a certain time in their schedule just for phone calls, they could follow these steps:
1. Go to my Account > Clinic Management > Employee schedules
2. Click on the New button beside the Limit Appointment Types heading.
3. Add the start and end dates in the fields shown in the image below.
4. Double click on the schedule and a small pop-up window will appear. Edit the fields indicated in the following image according to your clinic preferences and click the green Save button.
5. You should see a colored block covering the specified times, similar to the image shown below.
6. Do not forget to click the green Save button once you are happy with your setup.
Get help with the EMR by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca