This article will cover how to print and fax a PDF document of a patient’s chart.
This document can be useful for sending to insurance companies or for transferring patient data to another clinic.
1) Open up the patient’s chart
2) Click the printer icon on the patient’s label
3) Click New
4) Give the document a unique description
Most clinics enter in the reason why they are sending the chart out. For example, “Insurance Request” or “Chart Transfer to Another Clinic”
5) Select the Outgoing Clinic
This will be the clinic that will be marked as the sender if you decide to fax the chart document. The document will also be saved to the selected clinic’s version of the chart.
6) Select the checkbox beside all the items to include on the chart document
When adding invoices:
Use the Select Between Dates dropdown to filter through invoices based on a time range.
Click the Select button to select all the invoices that fall into the time range
When adding chart items:
Click the box beside the chart item type (shown in image 1) to select all the items of that type (shown in image 2)
7) If faxing the document, enter the recipients name and number
Alternatively, use the consultants search button to find the intended recipient
8) Click Build PDF to create the document OR click Save+Fax to build the PDF and fax it to the recipient in one step
Building a PDF may take a few minutes depending on the size of the document.
Refresh the page after a few minutes and click on the printer icon on the patient’s label to check if the document is done building.
If you have faxed the document, AVA will send you a notification if the fax fails.
You can also place your cursor over the up arrow icon to see the status of the faxed document.
9) To change the document or to re-fax it, click the pencil icon
10) Adjust the data as needed and either select Build PDF or Save+Fax again
Get more help by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca