The messaging tool is one of the most useful aspects of AVA Connect. You can send direct messages to your physician from the platform safely and conveniently. This feature allows Connect users to maintain consistent communication with their physicians, thereby reducing the need for phone calls or in-person visits.
Note: Do not send urgent or emergent concerns via messages. These messages are not monitored in real-time – urgent requests may not receive a response quickly enough. If it is an emergency call 9-1-1. If this is an urgent concern, call the clinic directly.
Messaging Your Doctor #
1. You can access messaging in two ways.
By selecting the Messages widget on the Connect dashboard:
Or by selecting Messages from the navigation bar:
2. You will then view the main messaging interface.
On the left, you will see all conversations in order from earliest to latest.
On the right, you will see your current conversation. This will default to your most recent conversation when opening Messages.
3. a) To continue the conversation, you can send messages by entering text into the box at the bottom of the conversation, and selecting Send.
3. b) To begin new conversations, select Start A New Message Thread.
4. To proceed, you must consent to electronic communications.
Clicking this will take you to the Message a Clinic screen.
5. Here you can select a clinic recipient from the list of clinics you have authorized and compose a message to them.
Note: You cannot send messages to clinics that you have not authorized.
6. Click the Send button to proceed.
You will then see a Message Disclaimer screen.
Note: All messages on Connect are for regular communication with your physician and not for emergent concerns.
7. Once you click the Send button on this screen, the message will be sent to the selected clinic.
You now know all the required components of contacting your physician through Connect Messages.
Get more help by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca