AVA has added instant messaging to the EMR so you can improve communication within your office. It is a simple messaging application that is easy to use and implement into your workflow.
Note: The messages on the instant messenger are only viewable and accessible within your clinic. This means you can send sensitive information like patient PHNs in your messages.
How to use Instant Messenger #
1. Click on the “human” icon in the bottom left corner of your EMR screen to access instant messaging.
No matter where you are on Ava, this icon will be available in the bottom left corner of your screen.
When you click on the instant messenger icon, the following window will appear which will display the “threads” of communication that you have started.
2. To start a new message, click on + New Thread. You can then choose which colleagues you want to send a message to.
3. To add more colleagues after a message thread is started, click the +Colleague icon.
You can then add as many Colleagues to the message thread as you want.
4. To create a custom thread name, you can click on the Edit/Pencil.
5. Once you write your message in the text box at the bottom of the screen and send it, your message will appear in pink at the top of the thread.
6. To minimize the message thread, click on the “_” icon.
The message thread will then appear at the bottom of your screen for easy access.
7. To remove the message thread from the bottom of your screen, click on the “X” button.
8. You can access these message threads at any time by clicking on the instant messenger icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
For further support, contact our support team at: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca