In our quest to streamline your workflow we’ve set up the ability to launch Alberta Netcare from within a patient chart!
What does the launch button do?
If it’s your first time logging into Netcare for the day the button will:a) Launch the two factor login screen for AB Netcareb) Pre-fill your username in the AB Netcare Login Screenc) Load the patient chart in Netcare (if the AB PHN matches a patient in Netcare)
If you’ve already logged into Netcare for the day the button will:a) Launch the AB Netcare Portal through Citrixb) Load the patient chart in Netcare (if the AB PHN matches a patient in Netcare)
This set-up tutorial assumes you already have:a) An Alberta Netcare Account (https://www.albertanetcare.ca/Registration.htm)b) An active AVA EMR account
1) Log into your AVA EMR account2) Hover the “My Account” menu in the top right corner => Click on “Account Management”3) Click on “External Services” from the right side of the screen
4) Click on the “+” button in the top right side of the screen
5) Fill out the form – you’ll want to select “AB” for province and “Netcare” for the service you’re adding. In the identifier/login field put your AB Netcare username
6) AVA takes care of everything else in the back end! To test that it’s working go to a patient chart – the icon beside the patients PHN should have changed to the AB Netcare Logo.
1) The button works by launching a new window/tab that goes to the Netcare website. If nothing pops up check your browser (top right corner) to see if it’s blocking popups. It it is you’ll want to click on “Allow all popups from this website.”
2) Keep the Netcare tab/window open in the background. AVA keeps a pointer to the window and will reuse it (potentially saving having to re-login each time)
3) Netcare requires Citrix. If your computer says something like “Windows can’t find a program to run this file” you’ll likely need to install Citrix.
We’ve got you covered. Here’s some related articles:
We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.