In our quest to streamline your workflow we’ve set up the ability to launch the Alberta Netcare Portal from within a patient chart!
What does the launch button do?
If it’s your first time logging into the AB Netcare Portal for the day the button will:
a) Launch the two-factor authentication screen for the AB Netcare Portal
b) Pre-fill your User ID in the AB Netcare Portal Login Screen
c) Load the patient chart in the AB Netcare Portal (if the AB PHN matches a patient in Netcare)
If you’ve already logged into the Alberta Netcare Portal for the day the button will:
a) Launch the AB Netcare Portal through Citrix
b) Load the patient chart in the AB Netcare Portal (if the AB PHN matches a patient in Netcare)
This set-up tutorial assumes you already have:
a) An Alberta Netcare Account (https://www.albertanetcare.ca/Registration.htm)
b) An active AVA EMR account
Tutorial: AVA EMR Netcare Set-Up #
1) Log into your AVA EMR account
2) Hover over the My Account menu in the top right corner and click on Account Management
3) Click on External Services from the left side of the screen
4) Click on the “+” button in the top right side of the screen
5) Fill out the form – you’ll want to select “AB” for province and “Netcare” for the service you’re adding. In the identifier/login field put your AB Netcare Portal User ID
6) AVA takes care of everything else in the back end! To test that it’s working go to an AB patient chart containing a PHN – the icon beside the patients PHN will now be the AB Netcare Logo.
Tips for Set Up #
1) The button works by launching a new window/tab that goes to the Alberta Netcare Portal. If nothing pops up check your browser (top right corner) to see if it’s blocking popups. If it is you’ll want to click on “Allow all popups from this website.”
2) Keep the Alberta Netcare Portal tab/window open in the background. AVA keeps a pointer to the window and will reuse it (saving having to re-login each time)
3) Alberta Netcare Portal requires Citrix Workspace. If a message similar to “Windows can’t find a program to run this file” is displayed you’ll likely need to install Citrix Workspace.
Need More Help? #
We’ve got you covered. Here’s some related articles:
Get more help by contacting our email: emr-support [[@]] avaindustries [[dot]] ca